Friday, September 9, 2011

"I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?"

quoted: Ernest Hemingway

Once every six months or so, my Facebook feed has a slump. It seems like everyone's life sucks, and people are just generally unhappy. It usually lasts about a week, and it is absolutely awful to endure. My happiness largely depends on the happiness of the people close to me, and when many of my close friends' ever-sunny demeanors are suddenly sullen and exhausted, I panic and I kind of break down. I try so very hard to help my friends through their problems, to at least assist them in coping, even if I cannot help them get better (which, usually, I am simply unable to do).

This past week was that week. I am so tired. Physically, emotionally, mentally. I so desperately want my friends to feel better. Maybe that's a little selfish--I do myself want to feel better, too--but I really do genuinely want everyone to just be okay. Life doesn't need to be brilliant again, not yet; it just needs to be okay.

--------x

On the upside: I have an audition tomorrow, dance has started again, I get to sleep in tomorrow (sort of), and I just bought some more Missy Higgins on iTunes. If you're looking for some music, try "Going North" by her, or "These Days" by Chantal Kreviazuk, or "Let it Rain" by Keri Noble.

1 comment:

  1. you posted! =)

    Moods have the ability to be just as contagious as infectious diseases. The best way to combat it is to look on the bright side, which is why every morning I tell Hope how many days til Friday, cuz Friday always is better than what day it is.

    And I hope you do wonderfully on your audition.

    ReplyDelete